Code Of Conduct
At Park Pals we take our business, professionalism and legislation extremely seriously.
Looking after people’s dogs and house keys carries a huge responsibility, experience and professional judgement, and as a responsible and professional dog walking service we will go that extra mile to ensure we are the best we can be.
There are surprisingly few regulations specifically aimed at dog walkers, although businesses providing such a service must have suitable and adequate public liability insurance.
Park Pals knows how important our duty of care and professional standards are and we have created our own code of conduct. We hope this will take away any concerns our clients may initially have by pledging our promises to you.
Park Pals Dog Walking Services Code Of Conduct:
- The Maximum number of dogs walked will not exceed 6.
- Any waste from a dog in our care will be correctly disposed of.
Complying with the Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996
- Hold full and relevant Public Liability Insurance.
Park Pals Dog Walking Services is fully insured with PetPlan Sanctuary.
- Respect and abide by animal control.
Complying with the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005
- Not walk dogs off lead on a public highway or amongst live stock and to ensure the dogs in our care are under control at all times.
Complying with the Dangerous Dog Act 1991 and the Dogs (Protection of Livestock) Act 1993
- Ensure that any dog in the care of Park Pals wears a collar with the owners tag & contact details displayed.
- Ensure dogs are not left unattended in a public place.
Complying with the Environmental Protection Act 1990 (Section 149) and the Animal Welfare Act 2006
- Show due care and respect for the environment.
Complying with Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 and Protection of Wild stock Act 1953
- Ensure that dogs are transported in a suitable vehicle in accordance with the law.
Complying with the Animal Welfare Act 2006 and Welfare of Animals (Transport) (England) Order.
- Keep all house keys safe in a locked box with no address details on and use the keys for one purpose only which is to collect and return the dog.